Xalatan is a chemical analog of the hormone prostaglandin. It is a topical agent available in the form of eye drops with a concentration of latanoprost 50 mcg/ml. Its mode of action is similar to the one of its natural equivalent – the drug increases the flow of intraocular fluid from the hypertensive eyeball. As a result, the pressure in the eyeball slowly decreases. Since this symptom frequently accompanies various eye diseases, Xalatan is often prescribed in combination with other medicines. Today, this drug is among the high-priority agents in the treatment of such an ubiquitous disease as glaucoma.
|Xalatan 2.5ml x 1 Bottles||$87.03||$87.03||$ 0.00|
|Xalatan 2.5ml x 2 Bottles||$130.55||$65.28||$ 43.51|
|Xalatan 2.5ml x 3 Bottles||$174.07||$58.03||$ 87.03|
|Xalatan 2.5ml x 4 Bottles||$217.59
|Xalatan 2.5ml x 5 Bottles||$261.10
|Xalatan 2.5ml x 6 Bottles||$304.61
|Xalatan 2.5ml x 7 Bottles||$348.13
|Xalatan 2.5ml x 8 Bottles||$391.65
|Xalatan 2.5ml x 9 Bottles||$435.17
|Xalatan 2.5ml x 10 Bottles||$478.69
+ Bonus: 4 pills
|March 30||United States||14-21 days||$ 12.95||available in 14 days|
|March 30||United States||5-9 days||$ 29.96||available in 5 days|
- Product Description
- Safety Information
- Side Effects
Xalatan represents the class of modern ophthalmic glaucoma medicines designed to cure varied eye diseases caused by increased pressure of the intraocular fluid. The medication is mostly renowned for its efficiency in curing glaucoma but it can be prescribed in a variety of cases when the issue at point is based on the troubles with excessive intraocular pressure.
A rather simple mechanism of action makes it a highly demanded solution in the effective therapy of different conditions, including chronic illnesses as well as consequences of various traumas. The drug comes in the form of eye drops containing latanoprost.
How to take
Wearing contact lenses of any type while applying the medication is prohibited because of the preservatives in the medication’s composition capable of changing the color of the lenses in case of physical touch. Carefully remove the lenses, use the medicine as directed by the instruction and then wait for no less than 12-14 minutes before putting them back in order to avoid irritation.
Always accurately wash your hands prior to using the drug. The dropper must remain clean and untouched even by clean hands to prevent bacteriological contamination.
The commonly administered dose of the drug is one drop per eye each day; the dose may be altered by the physician in order to maximize the expected therapeutic outcome. Adhere to the instructions of your physician and do not change the dose on your own.
- Do NOT mix the eye drops with any other medication. If you are taking more than one topical agent, wait for no less than 5 minutes before using another ophthalmic agent.
- The medicine may progressively change the color of the patient’s eyelids and/or lashes. The changes are rather slow and develop mostly because of the prolonged treatment. The changes might be permanent resulting in a visual difference between the eyes.
- There is no evidence suggesting any negative impact provided by the drug on the fetus or newborn babies.
- Avoid applying any medications with antagonistic action towards Xalatan.
- The overdose does not seem to cause any noticeable harm. However, in case of any type of symptoms, which may be connected with the accidental drug abuse, you should get a consultation with your attending physician.
- Though the overdose of the medication may not cause direct harm to your body, using the eye drops more often than prescribed is prohibited. Excessive use of the medication reduces the efficiency of its active ingredients.
Similar to other eye drops, the drug seldom triggers the development of side effects. Most unfavorable symptoms caused by the medicine are of local nature, such as burning sensation, dry eye, blurred vision, tearing, redness of the eye, irritation, the feeling of discomfort, sensitivity to light, etc.
Rarely, taking the drug may lead to more serious side effects, including but not limited to acute eye pain, chest pain, difficulties with breathing, skin rash, stinging feeling, pain the neck.
In most cases, these reactions are temporary and last no longer than a few days. If any of these unfavorable symptoms makes you uncomfortable for longer than several days or if you consider your condition worsening, you must immediately look for a consultation with your doctor in order to avoid further complications.